13 agosto 2008

Mercosur legislator reports attempt at arresting her in Venezuela

Uruguayan parliamentarian Adriana Peña, the president of the Human Rights Commission of Mercosur Parliament, said Wednesday that Venezuelan authorities tried to arrest her in Caracas, when she paid a controversial visit to Venezuela. 'When I was at Caracas airport about to take my flight, an immigration officer told me that he has detected some irregularities in my passport. It was a clear attempt at trying to detain me,' said Peña in an interview with Montevideo's Radio Carve, EFE reported. 'I told the officer that there were no irregularities with my diplomatic passport, the document I always use when I travel. I warned him that he was running into big trouble,' the parliamentarian said. 'Finally, I was able to travel to Bolivia, where I served as electoral observer' in the Bolivia's recall referendum held last Sunday.



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario